Germ-a-CLENZ – Education Guide #171
All-purpose Antimicrobial Spray
Germ-a-CLENZ: All-purpose Antimicrobial Spray
- Naturally cleans air and surfaces: If you’re around people who are coughing and sneezing, it can be sprayed to neutralize “germy” air
- Naturally kills germs, mites, mold and mildew
- Helps neutralize toxic chemicals and odors in the air
- May be sprayed directly on food
- May be used to clean and protect fruits and vegetables
- Simple extract from essential oils of the Oregano plant: Completely non-toxic to humans and pets
- Works as an effective antiseptic when applied to the skin (DO NOT spray directly in the eyes)
- May be sprayed directly into the throat to assist with healing bacterial infections (will have a strong, warm taste of oregano for a few minutes)
- Carvacrol (plant biocide) is natural substance present in the essential oil of various species of Oregano
- Research has confirmed that Carvacrol inhibits the growth of various bacterial strains, including Escherichia coli and Bacillus cereus
- Has been shown to be safe as a food additive to prevent bacterial contamination
- Supplies strong antioxidant properties
- Thymol is a plant substance found in oil of thyme, extracted from Thymus vulgaris (common thyme)
- Class of naturally occurring plant compounds called biocides: Contain strong antimicrobial properties, especially when used in conjunction with carvacrol (also a plant biocide)
- Additional properties include the ability to reduce bacterial resistance to common antibiotics such as penicillin
- Numerous studies have shown thymol to exhibit antimicrobial properties
- It has also been shown to be effective as a fungicide, especially against the fluconazole-resistant strains, making it beneficial in treating Candida fungal infections
- A natural organic compound
- Responsible for the therapeutic aroma of the essential oils eucalyptus, myrrh, cassia and cumin
- Has been shown to have antiviral properties
- Demonstrates naturally occurring biocides such as thymol and carvacrol work synergistically in reducing bacterial resistance to antibiotics
- Essential oil compounds of oregano have demonstrated antimutagenic effects
- There is evidence that thymol has antitumor properties
The Ancient Egyptians used thymol and carvacrol as a preparation to preserve mummies. Thymol and carvacrol were found to kill bacteria and fungi, making them well suited for such purposes.
Since the 16th century, thyme oil has been used for its antiseptic properties, both as mouthwash and for topical application.
North American wildflowers are natural sources of thymol. The Blackfoot Native Americans recognized these plants’ strong antiseptic action and used poultices of the plants for skin infections and minor wounds. A tincture made from them was also used to treat mouth and throat infections caused by dental caries and gingivitis.
North American Herbs & Spices: Exclusive manufacturer of Germ-a-CLENZ
- The company’s exclusive formula, Oreganol P73 oil, is maintained at a minimum strength of 62% carvacrol
- All oregano products are wild crafted, unadulterated and free of all synthetic ingredients
- Research shows North American’s oil maintains highest efficacy by refusing to use solvents and alcohols that cause chemical alteration to the oils
- North American uses only steam distillation using purified water from a 300 feet deep aquifer
- All oregano is harvested high in the mountains exclusively for North American Herb & Spice
- All products are tested for purity and efficacy before bottling
“The Little Herb Encyclopedia, the Handbook of Natures Remedies for a Healthier Life” by Jack Ritchason N.D.
“Medical Herbalism – the Science and Practice of Herbal Medicine” by David Hoffmann, FNIMH, AHG
“Prescription for Herbal Healing” by Phyllis A. Balch
All Eureka Market Education Guides are intended for educational purposes only. The guides are NOT intended to substitute for professional medical consultation and as such, do not diagnose, prescribe or offer personal medical advice. Always consult with your health care professional before taking supplements with prescription medications.